Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Inflation Has Begun

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    I think he's setting a trend.

    There is now a pair of what were previously 515B's, on for $1100.

    I'm not sure what you'd call them now as they appear to have non-Altec cone kits with unvented dust caps.

    2 ALTEC LANSING 515B 16 OHMS 15 INCH WOOFER JUST REDONE - eBay (item 170371023313 end time Aug-18-09 03:36:18 PDT)

    While 1100 might be a fair price for a pair of pristine 515's, these look like they've been dragged down the road on their mags, IMO, they're still a pair of 515B in need of a re-cone and paint job.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  2. #12
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    I notice he didn't post MY question/comments to him, which told him that the price he was asking was insane and that no one in their right mind would pay that for a set of illigitimatized speakers, and that for WAY less one could have a set of NEW 515B's with the correct cones and voicecoils from Great Plains Audio (even included the website address), and I signed it with my name, showing that I was the owner and webmaster of Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage.

    Wonder why he didn't post MY question????

    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    Wonder why he didn't post MY question????
    I suspect "we" are not his target audience.

    If you check his other auctions, he also has some offerings for the Fender crowd and the Harley Davidson crowd.

    Asking an outrageous price is one thing, and heck, a good seller always starts a little high to leave some bargaining room. But, where it gets a little "kooky" for me is that those featured and highlighted listings are not free or exactly cheap. Seems like it's going to a bit of an extreme just to say "look at this cool set of Altec 515's i have".

    Just my .02 y'all understand..................
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    Yeah, it does seem to be a simple "look at me" ploy. A way to get people to read his rants and revelations. Clever, actually! Wish I'd thought of that.

    He does, a least, include audio of the sweeps.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member chrismercurio's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2008
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking Re: Inflation Has Begun

    Can the thread be renamed? That isn't inflation. It's stupidity at a flagrant level that I haven't experienced in many years.

    I do like the sound clips though...

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    Can't change the thread name - sorry.

    The guy visits here. Here's his reply to my post to him:

    "I would have posted your email but; too much YOU in it. Too obvious. Tacky. Pretty good try though."

    I replied that I didn't believe it was tacky...

    I think he's just "out there" to "be out there".
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    Hmmm . . . Everybody has a right to fail and this fellow is just exercising his rights.
    I used to be known as "AltecFan" but now I'm "Altec19" . . .

  8. #18
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    Ebay pulled the auction
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  9. #19
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    Nope, he just relisted them at a higher price.

    Just like he said he would.

    Altec Lansing 515B,RARE 4! w/Crate & History=EXCELLENT! - eBay (item 220466543945 end time Aug-20-09 11:16:58 PDT)
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  10. #20
    Senior Hostboard Member Mustang Marvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 3rd, 2009
    Location
    Trussville, Alabama
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    It appears to me this guy has some problems. I believe he knows what he is doing and just wants to get some attention. Which we are giving him here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.